Great Gamer's Garage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nintendo's Copyright

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fr0z3nD3m1s3
Administrator
Administrator
Fr0z3nD3m1s3

Motto : I want fries.

Forum Points : 4137

Xbox GT : Mystix Ninja

Nintendo's Copyright Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo's Copyright   Nintendo's Copyright EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Has anyone really heard about this yet? It seems that Nintendo has been flagging let's plays left and right of videos for Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, etc. that are over 10 minutes long. Chugga and versus seemed to have been effected by this as well. Whatever is happening, it needs to stop imo. Screw the publicity, we just want to make videos of Nintendo games freely. So, what do you know?
Back to top Go down
thejoshb
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Points : 4089

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's Copyright   Nintendo's Copyright EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:54 pm

I heard something about that. Although its pretty stupid, you can just easily make multi-part videos that are under 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
FivePotatoes
Gamer
Gamer

Forum Points : 4061

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's Copyright   Nintendo's Copyright EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:05 am

thejoshb wrote:
I heard something about that. Although its pretty stupid, you can just easily make multi-part videos that are under 10 minutes.

But if you are an LPer that posts Nintendo content thats 20 minutes long, a change like that would be huge to the viewers. It would change who actually watches your videos. You would lose a lot of subs. And what Nintendo doesn't realize is how much free advertising they are losing. They are also making an even worse impression of themselves. Mojang(creators of minecraft) were offered the same deal but they turned it down. They would have made millions of dollars from it, like Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
PolishWeener
No-Life
No-Life
PolishWeener

Forum Points : 4186

Xbox GT : Polish Weener

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's Copyright   Nintendo's Copyright EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:52 am

I blame Obama.
Back to top Go down
thejoshb
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Points : 4089

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's Copyright   Nintendo's Copyright EmptyTue May 21, 2013 12:40 pm

FivePotatoes wrote:

But if you are an LPer that posts Nintendo content thats 20 minutes long, a change like that would be huge to the viewers. It would change who actually watches your videos. You would lose a lot of subs. And what Nintendo doesn't realize is how much free advertising they are losing. They are also making an even worse impression of themselves. Mojang(creators of minecraft) were offered the same deal but they turned it down. They would have made millions of dollars from it, like Nintendo.

I'm not saying that none of that is an issue, but in the grand scheme of things, if someone were to break up 1 20 minute lp into 2 10 minute LPs and have the 2nd video autoplay, it really isn't a burden to the viewer of said LPs. I agree that it shouldn't happen at all, but if its going to, there's a quick work around. I'm sure that theres going to be so much of a backlash that if they do try this, it won't last very long.
Back to top Go down
bl1i8n2k
No-Life
No-Life
bl1i8n2k

Motto : Author of GH:B-182

Forum Points : 4088

Xbox GT : BL1I8N2K

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's Copyright   Nintendo's Copyright EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:49 pm

PolishWeener wrote:
I blame Obama.
This post proves that G3 is democratic.
Back to top Go down
FivePotatoes
Gamer
Gamer

Forum Points : 4061

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's Copyright   Nintendo's Copyright EmptyTue May 21, 2013 5:13 pm

bl1i8n2k wrote:
PolishWeener wrote:
I blame Obama.

Thanks. You guys sure do know how to keep it on topic.
Back to top Go down
PolishWeener
No-Life
No-Life
PolishWeener

Forum Points : 4186

Xbox GT : Polish Weener

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's Copyright   Nintendo's Copyright EmptyTue May 21, 2013 5:21 pm

FivePotatoes wrote:
bl1i8n2k wrote:
PolishWeener wrote:
I blame Obama.

Thanks. You guys sure do know how to keep it on topic.

Thanks, now I can't post videos because you voted my rep down. Fix this or your hours will be erased and you will be banned from ever earning hours again.
Back to top Go down
Fr0z3nD3m1s3
Administrator
Administrator
Fr0z3nD3m1s3

Motto : I want fries.

Forum Points : 4137

Xbox GT : Mystix Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's Copyright   Nintendo's Copyright EmptyTue May 21, 2013 7:23 pm

Locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's Copyright   Nintendo's Copyright Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo's Copyright
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Great Gamer's Garage :: General Gaming :: Nintendo-
Jump to: