Great Gamer's Garage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art

Go down 
+2
No1leftB3HIND
PolishWeener
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PolishWeener
No-Life
No-Life
PolishWeener

Forum Points : 4183

Xbox GT : Polish Weener

Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art Empty
PostSubject: Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art   Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:27 am

Feast your eyes and believe.

FYI, prisma color is pretty much a fancy way of saying "blendable colored pencils."

Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art IMG_0222
Prisma color of War Is The Answer album cover by Five Finger Death Punch. This was my first ever prisma, so it has some obvious flaws.

Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art IMG_0432
Prisma color of Overcome album cover by All That Remains. This was my second prisma, and my least favorite in the series because my art teacher was not able to help me improve the middle section.

Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art IMG_0483
Prisma color of Master of Puppets album cover by Metallica. By the halfway point in my series, I figured out that exacto knives could be used to scrape out white parts. That's what the strings are in this picture.

Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art IMG_0561
Prisma color of Peace Sells .... But Who's Buying? album cover by Megadeth. The only thing that went wrong with this prisma was that I cut the mattboard wrong and had to extend the left edge.

Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art IMG_1179
Prisma color of Phobia album cover by Breaking Benjamin. Not to brag, but the detail in the wings is when I noticed that I was starting to get good a prismas.

Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art IMG_1338
Prisma color of Indestructible album cover by Disturbed. I still can't believe I did this one.

Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art IMG_1989
Mixed media of Orchids and Ammunition album cover by Drist. This one was interesting. After completing that masterpiece above (Disturbed), I wanted to try "layering" pieces of paper and putting prisma color on each. This picture actually consists of three pieces of paper glued together with the shapes cut out to show the color underneath. The blood was done by splattering red acryllic paint with a tooth brush, then detailing a bit with a brush.

Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art IMG_0018
This is my latest completed prisma color. It is a brightly colored mountain overlooking a lake. The blending was difficult because I had to combine blues, greens, blacks, and purples together without it looking like crap.

Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art IMG_1140
I did not actually do this piece. A friend of mine found it abandoned in the art room. It was done using an exacto knife about three years ago. Yeah, those are all little scratch marks on a black piece of shiny paper. The guy kinda cheated though because he used a sharpie to black out some areas when he messed up and to sharpen some things like the barrel.

Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art IMG_0276
I know I said I would only upload the good pictures, but I find this one so goddamned funny! This is my vice principle as Hitler. The words at the top are a pun on the school's advertising campaign. This still sits in my Trig notebook to this day.

Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art IMG_0365
Here's my biggest and best prisma so far. It's approximately 15" by 20" without matting on it.
Back to top Go down
No1leftB3HIND
Administrator
Administrator
No1leftB3HIND

Forum Points : 4072

PostSubject: Re: Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art   Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:43 pm

Very nice artwork man, I can tell you put a lot of hard work into it. Keep it up. It'll take you places. Maybe explore some different mediums?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/No1leftB3HIND
thejoshb
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Points : 4086

PostSubject: Re: Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art   Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 8:49 am

Pretty good stuff. So you are doing all of this in art class? Or are you doing it at home as well? If its all done at school, I'm surprised the teachers let you do it with how pussified public schooling has become now.
Back to top Go down
PolishWeener
No-Life
No-Life
PolishWeener

Forum Points : 4183

Xbox GT : Polish Weener

PostSubject: Re: Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art   Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Private CATHOLIC school
Back to top Go down
bl1i8n2k
No-Life
No-Life
bl1i8n2k

Motto : Author of GH:B-182

Forum Points : 4085

Xbox GT : BL1I8N2K

PostSubject: Re: Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art   Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 4:00 pm

PolishWeener wrote:
Private CATHOLIC school
This explains why you're our lord and savior.
Back to top Go down
thejoshb
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Points : 4086

PostSubject: Re: Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art   Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:38 pm

PolishWeener wrote:
Private CATHOLIC school

Ah. K. Guess they still foster creativity there. Well as much as a religious school can I suppose.
Back to top Go down
gabe2k12
Site Staff
Site Staff

Forum Points : 4068

PostSubject: Re: Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art   Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 3:29 pm

Awesome drawings I'm now using your indestructible drawing as my desktop background Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DropThaBeatz
Nerd
Nerd

Forum Points : 4057

PostSubject: Re: Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art   Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:55 am

Those Disturbed and Megadeth covers look awesome! Nice job with the Dead Island one, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art   Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art Empty

Back to top Go down

Polish Weener's Zen Garden of Art
Page 1 of 1